Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trampoline

I've been looking at trampolines for a while now. I saw a smallish one in a house one day and thought it was a great idea for exercise so when our local Kmart had them on sale I used some leftover birthday bucks to get it.

What fun! At first I was afraid that I was not going to be able to keep my balance but after a few short sessions I began to feel comfortable. It is low impact so my arthritic knees don't mind the jogging or jumping and there are so many things I can do on it!

At first I went to the website that was on the box but that was only to sell DVDs showing how to use it to exercise. Thank goodness for the web! I found ample material on UTube so now am bouncing away while watching t.v. ... much better than sitting in my recliner. I also feel a bit like a kid again. Now I will never admit to jumping on the bed, it is one of the best things a kid can do - just a moment of weightlessness.

I've been going a little at a time but am finding that the more I do, the more I can do. I don't have to go to a gym or try to ride a bike. Just jump around in my living room. Of course it is a good thing that I'm short and I have to keep the jumping reasonably restrained as I don't want to make any holes in the ceiling!!

1 comment:

Kenmore Library Advisory Board said...

That sounds like such fun! I have to tell Elsie about it - I think it would be great for her too.
-Lisa