Monday, December 22, 2008

Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of the day that Don & I hopped on a plane to Vegas and tied the knot. It has been an incredible 24 years!!!

When I am in the middle of life, doing whatever is next on my plate, it seems that the years have just flown by. We have had the sickness and the health, the better and worse, and it seems that as the years have gone by whenever we have struggled through a difficulty our bond has become stronger. I don't welcome adversity with open arms but from experience I know that it has the potential to reveal more of each of us both to ourselves and our partners. I am a very fortunate woman to have Don at my side.

On to the minutia of daily life, it has been raining again today. We had snow on the mountain peaks last week along with a respectable 1.5" of rain but this storm is much warmer with less moisture. I was looking at the garden yesterday to see how our "winter" garden is faring. The broccoli are putting on flowers but the brussel sprouts are just putting on leaves. The onions seem to be getting bigger but the cabbages are still very small. The tomatoes that we have in pots are doing just fine, flowering and setting fruit!! Don has been covering them at night as the temps have dropped into the 30s and we are sure that they are tender. The few strawberry plants that I have in a pot are also flowering and putting on fruit! Looks like we might have an occasional broccoli for dinner, a tomato for lunch and a strawberry or 2 for our breakfast.

After seeing the pictures of snow that Lisa sent from Kenmore, I'm really glad to be living here! My bones tend to ache when the weather fronts go through and the cold makes my muscles even more tender. I'm glad that my grandkids get the chance to grow up there with only occasional snow so they will have stories to tell when they get to my age.

4 comments:

Kenmore Library Advisory Board said...

I better not let Steve read about your winter garden! At least he will have his Sunset magazine to help him get through until spring.

Kirkland's Butterfly said...

Hi mom! I am glad you have Don and that Don has you. Both of you have been willing participants to trust the process - and what a beautiful outcome.

Salina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Salina said...

I am so glad finding your blog here avail great posting... Now Foods