Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 At Last

It's been a busy time, this year-end. I haven't posted in quite a while - no reasonable excuse except that I just haven't had much to say.

The Christmas madness of gift shopping, wrapping, and mailing was done in time for gifts to arrive by the Big Day. I love to shop in the internet and whenever possible have the gifts wrapped and delivered to the recipient. While that isn't always possible it does ease the last minute rush to the UPS store....

We got the tree up a few days before Christmas and had fun watching the cats bat at the low hanging ornaments. Izzy, our shy longhair, loved hiding behind it and watching the living room activities from there. One of our Arizona animal cousins sent a package for the kitties that had Jenny ready to rip the box apart. As soon as I unpacked the box she grabbed the package and ran into another room to unwrap it. I did spoil her fun and hid it until Christmas. After Don and I had opened our packages I got the cat's packages out of hiding. I ripped them a bit to give them a start then left them alone. Sure enough, one of the toys had catnip inside them. Jenny grabbed it and ran off to get her "fix". The other toys were more interactive - I pulled a string and they ran across the floor. We all had a good time playing.

As is our tradition we went to the movies on New Year's Eve. We saw Valkyre and even thought I knew the ending, I was hoping the "good guys" would win! I really enjoyed it a lot - the characters were believable and the '40s era was faithfully reproduced. To ring in the New Year we watched Robbie Knievel jump the volcano in Vegas (of course we watched on t.v.). Maybe it was better to watch it in person......

The decorations are down, the new clothes have been washed and put away, and new toys have been put through their paces. Now we have only a few days of the Bush years left. Can hardly wait for the new president to begin tackling the problems our nation faces.

No comments: